This candidate is a member of the Federalist Society.
Amanda Sampaio Bova has 14 years of experience as an attorney.
She started her career in 2006 as Public Defender. She has worked in various firms, and ran her own firm between 2014 and 2019. She has specialized in criminal, family, and administrative law. This includes misdemeanors, felonies, juvenile cases, child support hearings, and divorce trials. In 2019, she was Director of the Ninth Judicial Circuit Conviction Integrity Unit. Since 2020, she has been Senior Attorney at the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The agency licenses and regulates businesses and professionals in Florida.
Note: Some sources, like the Orlando Sentinel and Florida Today, have a limited number of free articles before putting up a paywall.
This Candidate Only
- Q&A: County Judge Candidate Voluntary Self-Disclosure Statements (The Florida Bar, 2022)
- Podcast Guest: Episode of The Umansky Podcast, June 2022 (36m)
- Podcast Guest: Episode 46 of Legal Morse of Action, June 2022 (59m)
- Article: State attorney rejects death row inmate’s DNA appeal (Tampa Bay Times, 2019)
- Article: Suspect in kidnapping, murder asks judge for more food, photos, high school yearbook (Orlando Sentinel, 2018)
- Video Forum: Hot Topics Judicial Candidates Forum (League of Women Voters Orange County, 2022)
Amanda Bova only (26m - 30m) Audience Questions to All Candidates (40m - 46m). Audience topics: public schools, Federalist Society
- Video: Orlando Sentinel Board Interview on YouTube, Amanda Bova, 2022 (16m)
* Appointed instead of running for election because of a vacancy between election cycles.