This candidate is a member of the Federalist Society.
Judge Jessica Recksiedler was elected to this seat in 2010 with 57.4% of the vote. They were automatically re-elected in 2016, because they were not challenged in the election.
Before she was elected to the Circuit bench, she had 12 years of experience as an attorney.
She began her career in 1998, working in private practice on both civil and criminal cases.
She also held an internship with a Prosecutor's office (1997-1998).
In June 2015, she was publicly reprimanded by the Florida Supreme Court for ethical misconduct for omitting and providing false information about her history of speeding and traffic violations during interviews to be appointed as a judge in the Court of Appeal. Video of Reprimand (6m)
Note: Some sources, like the Orlando Sentinel and Florida Today, have a limited number of free articles before putting up a paywall.
This Candidate Only
- Editorial: Why did a judge throw a woman in jail and why won’t she step away? (Orlando Sentinel, 2022)
- Article: Seminole-Brevard chief judge’s reelection campaign conflicts with domestic case, attorney says (Orlando Sentinel, 2022)
- Podcast Guest: Episode 87 of The Real Deal with Larry Lawton Podcast, July 2022 (20m - 1h15m)
- Profile: New Seminole-Brevard chief judge readies for ‘dream’ job as pandemic challenges linger (Orlando Sentinel, 2021)
- Article: Grant Amato appeals murder convictions, life sentence for killings of parents, brother (Orlando Sentinel, 2019)
- Editorial: Get verdicts right the first time - death-row exonerations just got harder (Orlando Sentinel, 2018)
- Editorial: Someone else confessed, yet he's being tried again (Orlando Sentinel, 2018)
- Article: Seminole County's drug court: 1,000 clients in 16 years (Orlando Sentinel, October 2016)
- Video: 2014 Court of Appeal Job Interview (19m)
- Article: Florida judge steps down from George Zimmerman trial (Reuters, 2012)
- Video: Orlando Sentinel Board Interview on YouTube, John Mannion, 2022 (17m)
- Article: Meet Brevard's seven judicial candidates vying for county, circuit judge (Florida Today, 2022)
- Video Forum: Judicial Candidates Forum (North Brevard Democratic Club, 2022)
John Mannion, Judge Jessica Recksiedler (10m - 25m)
* Appointed instead of running for election because of a vacancy between election cycles.