This candidate is a member of the Federalist Society.
He is a textualist.
Judge John Beamer was appointed to this seat in 2020 by Governor Ron DeSantis.*
Before he was appointed to the Circuit bench, he had 14 years of experience as an attorney.
He started his career in 2008. He worked in private practice firms until 2015, when he joined Farmers Insurance Group as an in-house trial attorney. He has handled Civil cases in worker's compensation, auto negligence, and liability. He has also handled Appellate cases.
His wife, Judge Denise Kim, also serves on the 9th Circuit Court. She was appointed in 2019 by Governor Rick Scott.
Note: Some sources, like the Orlando Sentinel and Florida Today, have a limited number of free articles before putting up a paywall.
This Candidate Only
- Q&A: Circuit Judge Candidate Voluntary Self-Disclosure Statements (The Florida Bar, 2022)
- Podcast Guest: Episode 40 of Legal Morse of Action, April 2022 (60m)
- Podcast Guest: Episode of The Legal Limit, December 2021 (24m)
- Podcast Guest: Episode 134 of Open Ninth podcast, October 2021 (26m)
- Podcast Guest: Episode 119 of Open Ninth podcast, February 2021 (21m)
- Video: GOAABA/ACT Judicial Candidate Forum, Circuit Court (1h27m)
- Video: Orlando Sentinel Board Interview on YouTube, John Beamer and Michael Stewart, 2022 (36m)
- Video Forum: Hot Topics Judicial Candidates Forum (League of Women Voters Orange County, 2022)
John Beamer & Michael Stewart (13m - 23m) Audience Questions to All Candidates (36m - 51m). Audience topics: public schools, handgun owners, Federalist Society, Textualism, maintaining objectivity, judges in the news, racial bias
* Appointed instead of running for election because of a vacancy between election cycles.