This candidate is a member of the Federalist Society.
Michael Morris has 28 years of experience as an attorney. He started his career in 1994 in private practice working on family law and criminal cases. He has practiced both as a solo practitioner and part of a firm. He has also worked in government law. First, at the Department of Children and Families where he handled parental rights cases, then at the Florida Department of Health when he handled physician licensing discipline issues. Currently, he runs a civil law practice. He specializes in family law, bankruptcy, and civil litigation.
Note: Some sources, like the Orlando Sentinel and Florida Today, have a limited number of free articles before putting up a paywall.
This Candidate Only
- Q&A: County Judge Candidate Voluntary Self-Disclosure Statements (The Florida Bar, 2022)
- Article: Openly gay lawyer in Orlando running to become Central Florida judge | Watermark | February 2022
- Author: ($) Gay adoption | Orlando Sentinel | February 2006
- Special Thanks Citation: Protecting the Rights of Transgender Parents and their Children: A Guide for Parents and Lawyers | ACLU | March 2013
* Appointed instead of running for election because of a vacancy between election cycles.