This candidate is a member of the Federalist Society.
Renee Torpy has 8 years of experience as an attorney.
She began her career in 2014 as a Public Defender. After nearly 3 years, she transitioned to the role of Prosecutor, where she stayed for nearly 4 years. In late 2020, she became an Injunction for Protection attorney at Serene Harbor, a domestic violence shelter.
She also held a Legal Research Assistant position and internships at the Public Defender's office, Environmental and Earth Law Clinic, and a private practice firm.
Note: Some sources, like the Orlando Sentinel and Florida Today, have a limited number of free articles before putting up a paywall.
This Candidate Only
- Article: Brevard's in-person early voting gets underway Saturday (Florida Today, 2016)
- Article: Editorial advisory board will steer engagement (Florida Today, 2015)
- Author: Grave Robbers or Archaeologists: Salvaging Shipwrecks (Journal of Maritime Law & Commerce, Vol. 46, No. 1, 2015) Can request article.
- Author: If Criminal Offenses Were Added to CITES, Would Nations Be Better Able to Restrict International Trade in Endangered Species and Protect Biodiversity? (Brazilian Journal of International Law, Vol. 9, No.3, 2012)
- Article: Meet Brevard's seven judicial candidates vying for county, circuit judge (Florida Today, 2022)
- Video Forum: Judicial Candidates Forum (North Brevard Democratic Club, 2022)
Rodney A. Edwards, Kimberly Musselman, and Renee Torpy (42m - 1h6m)
* Appointed instead of running for election because of a vacancy between election cycles.